SCATTER SHIELD™ (recommended configuration)
- Leaded table drape panels protect staff against scatter radiation on 3 sides
- 144 inches total protection against scatter radiation
- Double-sided lead table panels: 60 inches x 24 inches
- Leaded anesthesia front panel: 24 inches x 24 inches
- Radiation protection level: .5 mm
The surgical staff’s total radiation exposure caused by scatter radiation is significantly reduced when using the Scatter Shield (by as much as 99 percent) at the eye, thyroid, groin, knee and foot levels by using lightweight flexible lead shields both on top of the patient (TOP SHIELD™) and from the patient to the floor (SCATTER SHIELD™). These products are sometimes called a table drape
The Scattershield table drape works with the c-arm X-ray tube on top or bottom of the imaging table
The best protection is provided with the X-ray tube is positioned on the bottom. When both c-arm table radiation shields are used together they are effective even when doing laterals and oblique views with a c-arm.
Easy to Use
The ultra-light panels of the scatter shield protect doctors and staff against radiation while allowing unobstructed positioning of the C-arm. The leaded table skirt is easy on, easy off. The optional Top Shield™ radiation protection flexible lead table shield takes only a few minutes to place on the fluoroscopy table.